Hosting the conversation

Middle East Experience

Latest News

Israel-Iran conflict: UAE, Kuwait, Bahrain, Oman, Qatar call for dialogue following US strikes on nuclear facilities

The operation, which marks a significant escalation in the conflict between Iran and Israel, has prompted regional calls for restraint and diplomacy
Source: Arabian Business
Full Article: Israel-Iran conflict: UAE, Kuwait, Bahrain, Oman, Qatar call for dialogue following US strikes on nuclear facilities

Massive US bunker-buster bombs make combat debut in Iran strikes

A powerful US bunker-busting bomb was used in combat for the first time when Washington struck Iranian nuclear sites this weekend.Israel had carried out a week of air strikes on Iran, but does not possess the GBU-57 -- a 30,000-pound (13,600 kilogram) weapon viewed as necessary to reach the most deeply buried facilities -- or the aircraft needed to deploy it.General Dan Caine, the top US military officer, told journalists on Sunday that Washington's forces dropped 14 of the bombs in the massive operation aimed at knocking out Tehran's nuclear program.
Source: Al Monitor
Full Article: Massive US bunker-buster bombs make combat debut in Iran strikes

US says strikes 'devastated' Iran's nuclear program

Unprecedented US strikes have wrecked Iran's nuclear program, Defense Secretary Pete Hegseth said Sunday as Washington sought to assess what remained of the three targeted sites.The surprise strikes threaten to deepen conflict in the Middle East after Israel launched a bombing campaign against Iran, with Tehran vowing to retaliate against US involvement.But the United States said President Donald Trump wanted peace and urged Iran to end the conflict after strikes on a key underground uranium enrichment site at Fordo, along with nuclear facilities in Isfahan and Natanz.
Source: Al Monitor
Full Article: US says strikes 'devastated' Iran's nuclear program

US strikes on Iran: what we know

The United States has carried out strikes that caused "extremely severe damage" to three of Iran's nuclear facilities, the top US military officer, General Dan Caine, said on Sunday.President Donald Trump had spent weeks pursuing a diplomatic path to replace the nuclear deal with Tehran that he tore up during his first term in 2018.But he ultimately decided to take military action against Iran's nuclear program, which had already been bombarded in a more than week-long Israeli campaign that has also targeted Tehran's top military brass.
Source: Al Monitor
Full Article: US strikes on Iran: what we know