Saudi Arabia has announced that it will automatically extend the validity of resident permits (Iqama) for expats outside the country and of visit, exit and re-entry visas without fees or charges for all expats until November 30, according to the Kingdom’s General Directorate of Passports.For the latest headlines, follow our Google News channel online or via the app.The Directorate indicated that the extension will be carried out electronically without the need for visa holders to visit the department of passports, Saudi Press Agency (SPA) reported on Friday.The extension process will be valid for holders of residence permits as well as residents holding exit and re-entry visas who were previously stuck in countries that were not permitted entry into the Kingdom due to COVID-19 precautions and measures.This also applies to visit visa holders who are from countries that were suspended from traveling to Saudi Arabia.The visas will be automatically validated until November 30.The visa extensions, which were issued by the Minister of Finance, come as the Kingdom’s government continues to deal with the challenges brought on by the COVID-19 pandemic in the most appropriate manner, SPA reported.Saudi Arabia lifted its COVID-19 travel ban to the United Arab Emirates, Argentina, and South Africa on September 8, a move long-anticipated by many in the region and worldwide.The Kingdom has offered multiple extensions to residents stuck outside the Kingdom, and travelers on visit visas since the pandemic's onset which impacted travel regulations worldwide.In August, Saudi Arabia reopened its borders to foreign tourists and began allowing entry to tourist visa holders after a months-long ban due to the coronavirus pandemic.Citizens from 49 countries can apply for a tourist e-visa through the “Spirit of Saudi” website, visitsaudi.com.Read more:Saudi Arabia lifts COVID-19 travel ban to, from UAE, South Africa starting Sept. 8Saudi Crown Prince, UAE’s Sheikh Mohamed bin Zayed discuss bilateral tiesExpo 2020 Dubai: The architectural wonders of Middle East pavilions
Source: Al Arabiya
Full Article: Saudi Arabia extends visas for expats, residents stuck abroad until Nov 30
Saudi authorities foil attempts to smuggle over 1.1 mln hidden Captagon pills
Saudi Arabian authorities have foiled four attempts to smuggle over 1.1 million Captagon pills, found hidden in shipments sent to the Kingdom through different land, air, and sea customs border crossings, the Saudi Press Agency (SPA) reported on Friday. The Zakat, Tax and Customs Authority said that the first smuggling attempt was at the customs of King Khalid International Airport in Riyadh, where 112,810 Captagon pills were found hidden in a shipment of household dough kneaders. For the latest headlines, follow our Google News channel online or via the app.The pills were hidden under a container where the dough was placed, according to the authority. The second attempt was thwarted after 80,000 pills were found hidden in a postal parcel that contains water purification filters, SPA reported. The Duba Port customs foiled the third attempt, in which 917,636 Captagon pills were found. The King Fahd Causeway Customs foiled the fourth attempt when they found 11,276 pills hidden in one of the vehicles coming to the Kingdom through the port.The authority said it would continue to tighten customs control over Saudi Arabia’s imports, adding that it stands against any attempts by smugglers to try to bring drugs into the Kingdom. It also called on citizens and residents to contribute to the fight against smuggling to protect society and the economy.Read more:Saudi Arabia foils attempt to import Captagon shipment by group linked to HezbollahSaudi authorities foil attempt to smuggle 233 kg of hashish in the Eastern ProvinceSaudi Arabia foils attempt to smuggle 75,000 amphetamine pills, recipients arrested
Source: Al Arabiya
Full Article: Saudi authorities foil attempts to smuggle over 1.1 mln hidden Captagon pills
Arab Coalition thwarts latest Houthi attack on Saudi Arabia’s Khamis Mushait
The Arab Coalition intercepted and destroyed a Houthi explosive drone launched towards Saudi Arabia’s Khamis Mushait, the coalition said in a statement carried by the Saudi Press Agency (SPA) on Saturday.The attack is one of the Iran-backed group’s hostile and deliberate attempts to target civilians and civilian objects in the Kingdom, the coalition said.For the latest headlines, follow our Google News channel online or via the app.The militia’s attempts to launch explosive-laden drones have been repelled, and the coalition is taking strict measures to protect civilians, SPA reported.The Arab Coalition on Thursday destroyed three Houthi explosive drones that were also targeting Khamis Mushait.“The Houthi militia deliberately targeted civilians and civilian infrastructure. We are dealing with the threats firmly to protect civilians from hostile attacks,” the coalition said in a statement at the time.The Iran-backed group has recently ramped up its attacks on Saudi Arabia, launching dozens of explosive drones and ballistic missiles, most of which the coalition and Saudi defense forces have managed to intercept.Saudi Arabia calls for UN action Last week, the Kingdom’s Permanent Representative to the United Nations called on the Security Council to “strongly condemn” the Houthis’ actions, “to shoulder its responsibility towards the Iranian-backed Houthi militias and their weapons supplied, and to deny the resources which fund their act of aggression that threatens international peace and security.”In a letter to the UN, Ambassador Abdallah al-Mouallimi said the group’s actions were a “flagrant violation of International Law and relevant Security Council resolutions.”“The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia will undertake all necessary and deterrent measures to protect its territory and national capacities, stop these hostile, cross-border acts of aggression and safeguard civilians and civilian objects in accordance with the International Humanitarian Law,” he said in the letter.The attacks continue to hinder efforts towards regional stability and international peace, and jeopardize UN efforts to reach a comprehensive political solution in Yemen, Saudi Arabia’s Mission to the UN said in a tweet on Thursday.Read more:Arab Coalition destroys third Houthi drone targeting Saudi Arabia’s Khamis MushaitUAE ‘strongly condemns’ Houthi attacks on civilians in Saudi ArabiaAttempted Houthi attack on Saudi Arabia leaves two children injured, 14 homes damaged
Source: Al Arabiya
Full Article: Arab Coalition thwarts latest Houthi attack on Saudi Arabia’s Khamis Mushait
Twenty years later, 9/11 commemoration event takes place at ground zero in New York
The 9/11 anniversary commemoration at ground zero has begun with a tolling bell and a moment of silence, exactly 20 years after the start of the deadliest terror attack on US soil.President Joe Biden, former Presidents Barack Obama and Bill Clinton, members of Congress, and other dignitaries joined a crowd of victims’ relatives Saturday on the Sept. 11 memorial plaza in New York.For the latest headlines, follow our Google News channel online or via the app.The memorial stands where the World Trade Center’s twin towers were rammed and felled by hijacked planes.Observances are also planned at the two other sites where the 9/11 conspirators crashed their hijacked jets: the Pentagon and a field near Shanksville, Pennsylvania.Biden is scheduled to pay respects at all three places, and former President George W. Bush is to speak at the Pennsylvania ceremony.Read more:Anniversary of 9/11: Detailed chronology of events that rocked the US 20 years agoUS President Biden calls for unity on eve of 9/11 20th anniversaryNow US president, Biden to mark 9/11 rite amid new terror fear
Source: Al Arabiya
Full Article: Twenty years later, 9/11 commemoration event takes place at ground zero in New York
UAE operating aid air bridge to Kabul to deliver tons of aid: Airport manager
The United Arab Emirates has set up an air bridge to deliver tons of aid to Afghanistan after the Taliban takeover, a Kabul airport operations manager told AFP on Saturday.The wealthy UAE, a close US ally, is one of a number of Gulf states that have been key staging posts for evacuation flights for foreigners and Afghans, alongside Qatar, Kuwait and Bahrain.For the latest headlines, follow our Google News channel online or via the app.“From the 3rd of September, (...) the UAE government has activated an air bridge corridor for humanitarian aid,” said Ibrahim Moarafi.Moarafi is general manager and regional director of GAAC, a UAE-based company that has provided ground and security handling services at Kabul airport since November 2020.“From that day and until now, we have received and handled 11 flights almost on a daily basis, and we have handled 255 tonnes of medical aid and food items,” he said.On Saturday, two UAE aircraft unloaded dozens of aid packages containing roast minced veal, powdered milk, cooking oil and medical supplies, an AFP correspondent said.More than two-thirds of the 120,000 Afghans and foreigners who fled Afghanistan on evacuation flights landed in the UAE and Qatar before going on to their final destinations.Qatar hosts the largest US air force base in the region and has been the main intermediary between the Taliban and the international community.Numerous countries, including the United States, have relocated their embassies from Kabul to Doha since the Taliban took over Afghanistan’s capital on August 15.The UAE was one of only three countries to recognize Taliban rule between 1996 and 2001. It currently hosts ousted president Ashraf Ghani who fled Kabul as the Taliban entered the city.While Kabul airport has yet to receive its first international flight since the Taliban takeover, technicians at the vital facility have been racing round the clock to bring it back to life.Moarafi said efforts to make the airport fully functioning again are underway. “We have activated and resumed our operations,” he told AFP.Read more:Pakistani airline to start commercial flights to Afghanistan’s Kabul on Sept 13First post-evacuation flight from Afghanistan lands in Qatar after Taliban approvalHuge Taliban flag painted over entrance to former US Embassy in KabulTaliban tighten control over Panjshir with killings, food restrictions: Report
Source: Al Arabiya
Full Article: UAE operating aid air bridge to Kabul to deliver tons of aid: Airport manager
UAE operating aid air bridge to Kabul: airport manager
The United Arab Emirates has set up an air bridge to deliver tons of aid to Afghanistan after the Taliban takeover, a Kabul airport operations manager told AFP on Saturday..
Source: Albawaba
Full Article: UAE operating aid air bridge to Kabul: airport manager
UAE: Public transport bounces back from Covid-19, remains the preferred mode of transport
Dubai saw its highest daily public transport ridership since the start of the pandemic, with more than 1.3 million passengers recorded on Thursday..
Source: Albawaba
Full Article: UAE: Public transport bounces back from Covid-19, remains the preferred mode of transport
Opinion | Manning Up, Letting Us Down
Overdosing on macho after 9/11 led America astray..
Source: Albawaba
Full Article: Opinion | Manning Up, Letting Us Down
George W. Bush calls out domestic terrorism threat on 9/11 anniversary
Former US President George W. Bush emphasized the threat of domestic terrorism in a speech on the 20th anniversary of the 9/11 attacks that altered the course of his presidency.
Source: Jerusalem Post
Full Article: George W. Bush calls out domestic terrorism threat on 9/11 anniversary
Biden commemorates 9/11 anniversary with stops at all three attack sites
US President Joe Biden will commemorate the 20th anniversary of the September 11 terror attacks by visiting each of the sites where the hijacked planes crashed.
Source: Jerusalem Post
Full Article: Biden commemorates 9/11 anniversary with stops at all three attack sites