A Taliban police official says at least 100 people have been killed and wounded in a mosque explosion targeting Shia Muslims in northern Afghanistan. Dost Mohammad Obaida says the “majority of them have been killed.”There was no immediate claim for the blast in Kunduz province, but ISIS militants have a long history of attacking Afghanistan’s Shia Muslim minority.For the latest headlines, follow our Google News channel online or via the app.If confirmed, the death toll in Friday’s attack would be the highest in an attack by militants since US and NATO troops left Afghanistan at the end of August and the Taliban took control of the country.A powerful explosion in a mosque frequented by a religious minority group in northern Afghanistan on Friday has left several casualties, witnesses and the Taliban’s spokesman said.The blast occurred in a Shia mosque in Kunduz province during the weekly Friday prayer service at the Gozar-e-Sayed Abad Mosque when members of the Shia religious minority typically come in large numbers for worship. Witness Ali Reza said he was praying at the time of the explosion and reported seeing many casualties.Videos and photos on social media and elsewhere appear to show people searching the destroyed mosque and moving a worshipper’s body from the gruesome scene to an ambulance.Taliban chief spokesman Zabihullah Mujahid said the Shia mosque was the target and that a “large number” of worshippers were killed and wounded. He said Taliban special forces had arrived to the scene and were investigating the incident.The cause of the blast was not immediately clear. No group has yet claimed responsibility for it.Friday’s explosion at a Shia mosque in Afghanistan’s Kunduz city was a suicide attack, a senior Taliban official told AFP.“Our initial findings show that it is a suicide attack,” Matiullah Rohani, director of culture and information in Kunduz, said.The Taliban leadership has been grappling with a growing threat from the local ISIS affiliate, known as the ISIS in Khorasan. ISIS militants have ramped up attacks to target their rivals, including two deadly bombings in Kabul.ISIS has also targeted Afghanistan’s religious minorities in attacks.Read more:Deadly blast targets Shia mosque in Afghanistan’s Kunduz cityRussia says it will protect Tajikistan in event of any incursions from AfghanistanAt least 15 dead, 90 wounded in Afghanistan's Kunduz mosque blast: Source
Source: Al Arabiya
Full Article: At least 100 dead, wounded in Afghan mosque blast: Taliban official
Some agreements reached in reconciliatory talks with Saudi Arabia: Iran FM
Iran and Saudi Arabia have reached some agreements in their ongoing reconciliatory talks, Iranian Foreign Minister Hossein Amir-Abdollahian said on Friday.For the latest headlines, follow our Google News channel online or via the app.“[Iran] and Saudi Arabia have reached agreements in some areas,” Amir-Abdollahian said during a news conference in Beirut, adding that talks are “moving in the right direction.”“Our talks with Saudi Arabia are in the interest of the region … Iran and Saudi Arabia are two important countries who play an important role in stabilizing security in the region,” he said. Iran and Saudi Arabia cut diplomatic ties in 2016.Saudi Foreign Minister Prince Faisal bin Farhan confirmed on Sunday his country had held its first round of direct talks with Iran’s new government last month, saying talks were in the “exploratory phase.” “These discussions are still in the exploratory phase. We hope they will provide a basis to address unresolved issues between the two sides and we will strive and work to realise that,” he said. Read more:Iran’s FM says talks with Saudi Arabia have gone a ‘good distance’Iranian foreign minister says Iran will continue to send fuel products to LebanonIran must return to Vienna, nuclear talks ‘can’t be dragged out’: US State Department
Source: Al Arabiya
Full Article: Some agreements reached in reconciliatory talks with Saudi Arabia: Iran FM
State appeals ruling allowing quiet Jewish prayer on Temple Mount
The state appealed a ruling which implied support for quiet Jewish prayer on the Temple Mount as Palestinians threatened violence.
Source: Jerusalem Post
Full Article: State appeals ruling allowing quiet Jewish prayer on Temple Mount
Who lost the Yom Kippur War?
Even though it’s been nearly half a century, the events of October 1973 are stirring renewed debate.
Source: Jerusalem Post
Full Article: Who lost the Yom Kippur War?
UN: Recognition of the right to a healthy environment is a milestone in the battle against the climate crisis
Human Rights Council adopted two resolutions critical for tackling climate change..
Source: Albawaba
Full Article: UN: Recognition of the right to a healthy environment is a milestone in the battle against the climate crisis
Maria Ressa and Dmitry Muratov’s Nobel Peace Prize win is a victory for press freedom globally
Amnesty International hails award of 2021 Nobel Peace Prize to journalists Maria Ressa and Dmitry Muratov..
Source: Albawaba
Full Article: Maria Ressa and Dmitry Muratov’s Nobel Peace Prize win is a victory for press freedom globally
Ex-ministers file lawsuits to fire Beirut blast investigator
Three former ministers filed lawsuits Friday requesting the replacement of Judge Tarek Bitar as head of the investigation into last year's Beirut Port blast, days before he was scheduled to interrogate them on suspicion of negligence and maladministration..
Source: Albawaba
Full Article: Ex-ministers file lawsuits to fire Beirut blast investigator
Suicide bomber kills scores in Afghan mosque attack
Islamic State has claimed responsibility for a suicide bombing that left dozens dead, even more wounded.
Source: Jerusalem Post
Full Article: Suicide bomber kills scores in Afghan mosque attack
Bernie Sanders to support Iron Dome funding in exchange for Gaza aid
Sanders asked Sen. Chuck Schumer to also supply $1 billion in aid to Gaza, as well as the Iron Dome funding.
Source: Jerusalem Post
Full Article: Bernie Sanders to support Iron Dome funding in exchange for Gaza aid
Health Ministry: All forms of exercise OK after COVID vaccination
Nachman Ash tells ‘Post’ that health officials decided no new restrictions are necessary after getting the jab.
Source: Jerusalem Post
Full Article: Health Ministry: All forms of exercise OK after COVID vaccination