Israeli forces on Friday shot dead a Palestinian man during clashes in the occupied West Bank, the Palestinian health ministry said.A few hundred Palestinians had gathered near Nablus in the northern West Bank to protest Israeli settlement expansion on Palestinian land.For the latest headlines, follow our Google News channel online or via the app.Some in the crowd, with their faces covered by masks, threw rocks at soldiers and burned tires, witnesses said. Israeli soldiers opened fire, killing one man, the Palestinian Health Ministry said.Zakaria Hamayel was struck by a bullet to the chest in the village of Beita, south of Nablus, the ministry said.A spokeswoman for the Israeli army said they were checkingthe report. Tensions remain high in the region despite a ceasefire reached last week between Israel and the Palestinian militantgroup Hamas in Gaza that ended 11 days of fighting.Read more:Netanyahu: Israel’s response will be very powerful if Hamas breaks ceasefireIsrael-Hamas ceasefire holds, UN to launch Gaza aid appealJordan’s King Abdullah says important to turn Gaza ceasefire into extended truce
Source: Al Arabiya
Full Article: Israeli forces kill Palestinian in West Bank clashes, says health ministry